What Another Hearing protection Review - the Noisefighters Gel Pads

Just got a set in - had a choice between actual Sordin Gel Pads or for a few dollars more a set of Noisefighter (Gel Pads With Relief Cuts For Glasses To Pass Through) Universal Mount. And for full disclosure 100% paid for by my post taxed and overburdened Canadian Dollar. The difference in price was about US$20 with the Sordin gel kit being cheaper.

DSC_01101

The ear cups appear to come in the common size for the Sordins and Peltors, both require a specific adapter plate, and in this case it would be the MS200

DSC_01111

The Gel Cups AD100 are their pressure-sensitive adhesive universal mount that incorporates a cut out at the top to allow a more comfortable fit with glasses

DSC_01121

Taking the mounting plate and careful lining it up on the adhesive simply push down hard for a few second making sure that you pushed in multiple areas for an even compression (instruction say to press for at least 10 seconds)

DSC_01131
DSC_01141

It is a matter of popping the old one out (place a finger just inside the ring and pull) and press the Gel Cup with Adapter Plate in until it pops.

DSC_01151

Just make sure that when popping the Gel Cups on that the cut outs go to the “Top”.

DSC_01161

Are they comfortable - yes
Been wearing them the whole time that I have been writing this review. My Comtacs 3 have Gels and I wanted to put a set of Gels on my Sordins. I chose the Noisefighter because of the cut out at the top for glasses (When I wear my Wiley SG1, I have to use the band because the cups do not seal on the temples and sorry to say I still have to wear the goggle band. But they do work quite well with my normal prescription glasses.

No Liberal was harmed in writing this review ( a few may have been triggered) but hey I just have to turn off the active part so as not to hear the wailing.

8 Likes

Want a redo?

5 Likes

defiantly needs a mulligan

3 Likes